Friday, May 6, 2011

These are a few of my favorite things!

So on this lovely Friday morning as I'm going through the usually routine, check emails, check facebook, read blogs - I noticed that I've been tagged! Ut oh! Just kidding. My friend Holly over at, Running in Stilettos oh so kindly tagged me after she did 10 of her favorite things survey. Go take a peak at her list if you’re interested! Now it’s my turn to tell you about a few of my favorite things. I'm going to warn you now that as usually I went over the 10 things mark, but only by a few! 

1) Animals:
I love animals. Dogs in particular. I thank my mom for my passion for animals.  I'm hoping someday I can actually do a few of the animal causes/goals that I have in mind. I’d like to foster a dog, help out at shelters, those kinds of things. I absolutely cannot stand to see any animal be treated cruelly, it doesn't matter to me what it is! I think it’s disgusting that humans can treat some things so poorly just because they don’t see them as equals.
Gunner - my baby. He's a shelter dog.
It's a great cause if you are into animal rights/treatment.

2) Sushi:
Let's be real I love all food, but sushi is my absolute favorite! 

3) Laughing until my tummy hurts:
There is nothing like deep breaths after laughing that hard. Nothing in the world like a sore stomach for the right reasons.

4) Photography:
I love looking at photographers work as well as taking my own pictures. It’s a great way for me to capture memories and the awesome places I’ve been. Two of my favorite photographers are Ansel Adams and Annie Leibovitz. I'd love to follow in the footsteps of Ansel Adams and have the chance to explore places that look like whole new worlds. Although, even in Ohio I've found some beautiful places. 

By Ansel Adams. Could you imagine getting to see this place.
By Annie Leibovitz. We all know this picture. She usually shoots famous people, but I love her work of just ordinary people too.
5)  Music:
I'm not sure how I would handle life if music wasn't it in. I've played instruments, I grew up with a dad who was a music fanatic, and I just generally like to listen to it.  I try to listen to everything I can as I like to experience new things and what easier way to experience something now than listening to music! I particularly enjoy anyone with just plain ole raw talent. None of that audio tune business. However, I do have to have something I can shake my groove thang to!

6) Candles/Oils/Any Home Fragrance:
If you know where I work this is a curse for me. I tend to lean toward more of the rich smells - Sandalwood Vanilla, Pumpkin, Spice, etc.

Gotta love that Mr. Harry Slatkin & his candles :)
The Scent Bug. If you don't have one I suggest you go get one! Now! It's great for the office or a small space.
Can't forget about Wall Flowers. Now they have cute plug-ins available that can be used anywhere.
7) Fall:
I really love everything about the fall. The clothes, the sports, the weather (until it gets really cold), the smells. I just love it! 
I love the color tones of fall.
Football starts in the fall!
Dog not included, but he's cute.
8) Getting to watch perfect Sunset:
We've all seen them, and they take our breath away. 
9) Sour Patch Kids:
It's really more of an addiction. I just love the sour & sweet of those little candies. I can even stand the feeling of your taste buds burning off because of the sugar :)
10) Dancing: 
I danced competitively for a long time back in the day and it's something that has stuck with me. Now dancing is just something fun :)
Kev likes dancing as much as I do!   
Lol when the hair starts flying you better look out - I'm in the zone.
11) Quotes:
You all should know this by now. I love quotes. I love how a lot of the time they can express your feelings, sometimes better than you can in your own words. I think it's a great way to pass on advice, and sometimes quotes can mark a pretty significant time in history.

12) Vacation:
I mean really? Who doesn't? 
Going snorkeling in Punta Cana.
13) Beer:
I enjoy a good beer. I've never been one of those mixed drinks kind of people. I mean I get a mixed drink every once and awhile, but for the most part - it's beer. As I've gotten a little older I've been quite daring with the beers I've tried. I'll try pretty much any beer and I like to try something new when I can especially if it's something pretty off the wall. I will say that I do have my favorites though.


Just like Holly, I didn't include the things that should be pretty obvious as some of my favorite things: family, Kevin, friends.

2 comments:

osmr said...

I had no idea about the flying hair....and the zone! Bah! Hahaha! That's funny, Meg!

Holly said...

Great list, Megan! Thanks for playing along :)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover