Thursday, September 5, 2013

Take my Advice...

Advice.
I find that word to be a little deadly.
Maybe because most of the time I don't like to recieve it, unless asked, and there are very few times that I have straight up asked for advice.
At times it can almost come off as someone is trying to tell me what to do you and if you know this girl, you know I do not like being told what to do.
I'll note it's something I'm working on and have started to embrace (both solicited and unsolicited) now that I'm pregnant.
 Yet another reason that advice and I tend not to be friends is that when I'm asked something, I'll give you the honest answer, whether you like it or not.
I'm always not the best about keep my mouth shut either and sometimes people just want you to listen to what they have to say instead of talking about it.
This is where the whole, "I'm not a mind reader, so if you are asking/talking and don't actually want my advice you better say so," thing comes into play.

However,  there are piece of advice that I think passing on it worth while. 
All fairly cliche but all things that I think some people have to be reminded of for one reason or another.

I'm a true believer in being you no matter what that means.
You cannot go around people pleasing all the time to truly be happy and be yourself. 
I understand people may get upset with you for something you say or do but if they are one of the "those who matter" they will remain by your side in the end. 

I think it's pretty clear what I mean here, but I think I'd like to add to this by saying it works both ways and in all honest I believe people DESERVE to get back what they give.
If you treat someone like crap please do not expect them to treat you kindly, I sure won't. 
However, if you give love you should expect and deserve a lot of love back. 
The tricky part to me is that it might not come your way right away, it might take time before you get what you deserve both in the good and bad situations.


Finally, but definitely not the last thing I would say if I had the space and time to write a novel, is take risks.
Life is scary in general but  like the quote says you really have no idea how far you can go until you push yourself.
Have some confidence in yourself that you, indeed, can do it!
I am quite frequently shocked by the amount of people that have no real confidence or faith in themselves and constantly shy away from a risk or opportunity they would absolutely blow out of the water had they just leaped.
The worse thing that can happen is you fail, but at least then you have learned something instead of living with the regret of not trying. 

 

Well now I feel all deep and insightful, which I don't tend to see myself as most of the time.
I have a lot of life to live and I'm sure my advice will change through the years but I guess we can come back to that then.

What advice would you give?

Happy Thursday!

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover