Monday, September 9, 2013

Your personality matters!

I have always a little thing for personality quizzes so when I saw the prompt for today I knew I was in. 
 I find these quizzes to be a fun way to really learn about yourself, and others too.
I'm always interested in learning where other people fall, especially close friends, to see what sort of differences we have that end up bringing us together.

My results are: ESFJ
Extravert(22%)  Sensing(1%)  Feeling(25%)  Judging(56%)
 
I was honestly a little thrown off by this but then I read the profile and really it couldn't be spot on. 
Although there were some questions that I thought I could answer either Yes or No because at times I feel one way and others the opposite.
I suppose I answered the way I did because that's how I most often feel. 
I feel as if the profile is really difficult for me to sum up because it truly does embody who I am. 
Some of the key points that I think are most ablicable are:

ESFJ's are people-persons.
As much as people can drive me absolutely crazy I am a people person.
I like being around people.
I like engaging with people.
I think I'm pretty darn good at reading a person, and finding the good in most people.
I feel as if though I'm a very giving person and have real issues with understanding how people can treat others so poorly.

"The ESFJ takes their responsibilities very seriously, and is very dependable. They value security and stability, and have a strong focus on the details of life. They see before others do what needs to be done, and do whatever it takes to make sure that it gets done. They enjoy these types of tasks, and are extremely good at them"
I couldn't have said this any better myself, but I find it to be very accurate!

 ESFJ's tend to want to control their environment.
I like to be in control.
In control of myself and my surroundings as much as I can.
As if you guys didn't know that already!

 ESFJ's have a strong respect for rules and authority.
I do believe in rules and respecting authority.
Although I can't say I've never broken the rules, or the law overall I am not one that is going to do something that will get me into trouble.
This definitely came from the way I was raised and just the sheer thought of disappointing my parents kept me from doing anything I really wasn't supposed too.
To go along with this I tend to be more of the traditional side of things.
I like the way classic looks, and I generally like the way things are done.
However, in the sense of work and the world I do understand things change and new traditions pop up so I'm pretty willing to roll with it when I have too.

I think this quote overall is the one that really embodies my personality...
 "The ESFJ's value system is defined externally. They usually have very well-formed ideas about the way things should be (oh yeah, the control thing), and are not shy about expressing these opinions.
However, they weigh their values and morals against the world around them, rather than  against an internal value system. They may have a strong moral code, but it is defined by the community that they live in, rather than by any strongly felt internal values (I honestly really haven't thought about this point until now, and I suppose it does hold true overall).




 Here is the test for you to take and join the fun!
Where does your personality fall?
Do you think it says who you are overall or does it not quite fit?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm an ESTJ, so close!

Jackie said...

I posted this little graphic on my blog today too! I am an ESFJ completely.

Unknown said...

Love these. My husband recently had me take one for his class... I'm a EITJ. :)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover