Monday, September 10, 2012

Show & Tell


Today I'm going to try out a new link up :)

Yesterday I went to a friends 3D ultrasound, and so today's theme is so appropriate. All about the babies :)

Can I just tell you that those 3D ultrasounds are unreal. I couldn't believe how well we could see little Harper! Well, we couldn't really see her, she was hiding her face but we got a good profile of her. It was beautiful. I'll have some pics for you tomorrow :)

1. Tell us your favorite baby names? Aside from your own babies, if you have some :)
Hmm... I like different names. 
Not strange, just uncommon. I
 also want to be able to have nicknames for the kids. 
It's hard to think of these things off the top of your head ;) 
Some favs:
Jaelyn, Cohen, Kennan, Andersen, Quinn, Calvin, Leala, Brenna.

2. Show me your "dream" nursery {can be your baby's nursery or one that you love}
Since we aren't going to find out the sex of our kids (I bet some of you are having a panic attack just thinking about not finding out, but I want it to be a surprise!), we are going to have to do something gender neutral.


I love the water, so I'd like to carry that over to our kids, and what better way then the nursery!

I LOVE this sailboat mobile.


Or I want to something chic, simple, and accent with dogs/animals, like the dog pillow.

3. How many children would you like to have? How far apart?
I'd like to have 3. 
The first 2 being our own and about 3 years apart would be good. 
I would like to adopt a child, whether or not we can have our own kids. 
So the third would be adopted, and I don't think I'd adopt a newborn so I'm not sure about the age gap there.

4. Tell us what you think the importance of parenting is?
Hmmm, I think really there are two things. 
1) Love and support.
I know a lot of people that don't get the greatest support from their parents.
No matter what they are your kids, your blood. 
 Love them!

2) Parenting!
Alright, sounds kind of stupid, but can I tell you how many terrible kids I've seen because of the parents! 
PARENTS! 
Kids need you for just that, to parent.
They do NOT need another friend.
(I know not all of you are like that, just a general statement)
They need a firm hard, guidance, and love! 

5. Show us your favorite newborn photo {can be your children or random}


There are HUNDREDS of adorable baby pictures that I've seen, but I just love this little ones face :)

6.  Tell us some things you promise to never do as a parent {and if you are a parent, did you stick to it}
Well other than some of the obvious things like scream at my child in public there is one thing that I know I'll stick too. 
I will never just say "don't do that".
Vague I know, but I want to educate my kids, not just deter them with ignorance. 
No, that's how kids get into trouble.
I want them to understand the consequences of their actions, the true ones, not just "bad things will happen", or "mom said so".

Happy Monday!
 Photobucket


No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover