Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Cookies & Cream Chex Mix

We had some people over this weekend for the Super Bowl.
So naturally I wanted to make some snack foods for everyone to nibble on through out the game.
I didn't want it to be anything to crazy because I didn't have a lot of time to prep so I hit up Pinterest and came across this little gem.

If you are anything like me and have a slight addiction to puppy chow this is right up your alley!
It's so good and take almost less time to make than it does to scarf it down! 
Seriously....addicting.
Cookies & Cream Chex Mix
italics = my comments

Here is what you need:
- 6 cups corn Chex
- 1/2 cup very finely chopped Oreos (8 original Oreos)*
-1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 (12oz) bag Nestle Premier White morsels**

 *8 Oreos ended up being more than 1/2 cup but I ended up just dumping it all in anyways
I mean can you really have to many Oreos?
Also, when it says very finely chopped, it means it. 
It needs to be like powder so it doesn't get clumpy and not stick to the chocolate & Chex.
**The recipe calls for you to get Vanilla Candy Melts from Wilton but I don't like the taste. They are to waxy and for this you don't need it to be waxy.
 

Directions:
-Measure 6 cups Corn Chex Cereal into a large mixing bowl, set aside.

-Pour crushed Oreos and powdered sugar into a large ziploc bag seal bag and shake to combine mixture, set aside
I used a bowl and just mixed them up

- In a microwave safe bowl, melt Vanilla candy melts (or the morsels) in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval until melted and smooth
I used this same method with the morsels and it was fine!

- Pour melted candy melts (or morsels) over Corn Chex and toss mixture with a rubber spatula until evenly coated.  
Make sure to scrap down the sides so you use all the chocolate!

- Pour or scoop coated Corn Chex into ziploc bag containing crushed Oreo mixture. - again I used a bowl -Seal bag/bowl and shake until the cereal is evenly coated.
\

-Store in an airtight container up to one week. - HA! It won't last that long, I promise!

Happy Tuesday!

6 comments:

2justByou said...

One word: YUM!
~Kim
http://2justByou.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

It looks great!

Kelsey Eaton said...

Just when I decided to eat healthier. Dang it. This looks so yummy!!

Audra said...

I NEED that. Right now.

Amber said...

this sounds absolutely delicious!

Rebecca said...

YUM must pin for future reference

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover