Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Golden Graham S'mores Treats

The moment I found the pin for these golden graham s'mores treats I knew I'd have to make them!
I posted the same pin last week on OHP and got a bunch of comments on how delicious they looked, and can I just say they really, really are! 
Even better is that they are super easy to make.

Here is the original pin:


And here are mine:
Mine don't look quite the same but I think the main difference is when I added the chocolate chips they ended up melting a bit with the hot marshmallows.
However, there are still some chucks of chocolate so it was kind of a nice mix and I feel like I like that even better than just the chocolate chips chunks.

Ingredients:
- 3 Tbsp butter or margarine
- 1 package (10oz/about 40 marshmallows) regular marshmallows.
OR 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 6 cups of golden grahams (add more if you'd like them to be less marshmallow-y)
Chocolate chips (I did not have a set amount, I just put what looked like a good amount into a bowl, maybe about 1/2 to 3/4 cup?)

Directions:
1) In a large sauce melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.

2) Add the Golden Grahams cereal & chocolate chips. Stir until well coated.
*Now this is where I did things a little differently. Instead of adding the cereal and chocolate chips I already had them per-measured in a mixing bowl and added the marshmallows to that as my sauce pan wasn't large enough to have all the ingredients added to it. Not sure if it makes a huge difference or not, but that's probably how the chocolate ended up so melted.
* Also, I'd think about buttering the spatula/spoon before mixing the ingredients as it did end up getting pretty sticky.

3) Use a buttered spatula or some wax paper and evenly press the mixtures into a 13 x 9 x 2 inch pan cooked with cooking spray. Cool.
*Really any pan size will do, just depends on how thick you want the treats. The pan I used was bigger than what they say so they were a little thinner but I was ok with that!

Best if served the same day, but let's be real people they are delicious the next day, and the day after that as long as you make sure they are in an airtight container!

*You can also follow the mircowave instructions but I seem to do better with the stove overall. 

Pretty simple considering it's just the Rice Krispie treat recipe, only with golden grahams and chocolate!

Now go make a batch and enjoy!

Happy Tuesday!


2 comments:

Miss Riss said...

Oooooh can't wait to try!!

Unknown said...

I bet they taste great! ;)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover