Tuesday, January 3, 2012

I'm back..with a Christmas recap

Happy Tuesday readers! My apologizes for the week hiatus but things were just a wee bit crazy and I had some catching up to do.

It puts me a bit behind on the recap of the holidays but ya know since this year has flown by and the holidays were a blur maybe it will be nice to "rewind" a week or so.

Christmas this year was fantastic...it usually is. What was even better about this year is that despite the fact that it was a bummer there was no snow...heck not even cold weather...it made all the driving around the state much easier. Not to mention safer.

So first things first. Christmas Eve. As I've mentioned we spend Christmas Eve over at Kev's Grandma's & moms house. Most of the family comes over, we have a big meal, and do a gift exchange. It's a great time to get to see everyone if not for a little bit and do a little catching up. It's also a great way to get fat...lol, what...we just eat and eat and eat.

Kathy's Tree
First Christmas as Mr. & Mrs. ♥ ♥ ♥

We went to church with Kathy & Grandma so we fancied up for the first half of the evening.  However, by the end of it we were in comfy clothes!
Comfi-ness
Grandma :)
 

Grandma does a little gift exchange with all of the grandkids. Youngest going first. She always gives us a big thank you and of course we can never thank her enough for all that she does of us!



After the gift exchange with Grandma we do our own little families!
We got a paper shredder! Call me weird but it's what I asked for from Megan P. We wanted one so why not ask right!?
Had to show Tristan's, our niece, reaction to her Monster High dolls. These things are weird, have you heard of them? They are the new craze, guess even the kiddies have gotten into the vamps, wolves, and zombie fad!
This is the set Tristan got: Cleo De Nile: Mummy, Draculaura: get it!, Ghoulia Yelps: zombie, Clawdeen Wolf: werewolf, and Frankie Stein: again, get it!
This year we got a picture with all the grandkids that were there & grandma :)
The good one

The funny one
Later that evening we headed up to my parents house, about 3hrs away. It was an easy drive this year thank heavens and an even easier Christmas morning :) Spent the morning opening gifts, eating some delicious breakfast, and taking it easy!
Mom & Dad's Christmas Tree


We finally got our family picture by the Christmas tree! This one even includes Puff :)
Now it's time to show off some of the fun stuff  I/we (some joint gifts) got!

Kev and I did our own little Christmas the night before Christmas Eve. I think it's something we would like to continue to do, have our own little Christmas. The night will probably have to adjust according to the rest of the family schedule, but I like sharing that moment together! I loved everything he gave me and couldn't get a picture of all of it, including a super cute butter dish (yes, I said butter dish). I love that he knows those little decor things that I want & like to be a little different. I'll post it later! Here are some of the things that I did get picture of though!



  1. Maxi Skirt: Express
  2. Sweater: Anthropologie
  3. Sequin/lace Tank: Express
  4. MY FAVORITE! New Watch: La Mer Collections
  5. A new planner
  6. New Blu-Rays: The Help & Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2






Now for the rest of it :)  I seriously loved everything we got from everyone! All things were needed and even a few were just wants, but aren't those the best!

First & foremost there was clothing & accessories!

One of the new purses is from the Louis Vuitton in Russia! Thanks Mom & Dad :)
From the seester. She knows I need all the help I can get when it comes to makeup. Good thing she is so good at it.

We also got some gadgets:

Something for the home place:

And of course some random knick knacks/stocking stuffers:
  1. Stewie's World Domination Kit. You think it was for my love of Family Guy or for a different reason?
  2. Blu-Ray's: Crazy, Stupid, Love & The Hangover Part 2
  3. A canteen from the Cayman Island, thanks to Chris & his family vacation! 
  4. Mace. Appropriate
  5. Dog Calendar. I get a new one every year!
Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and got all the goodies that you asked for from Santa & his little helpers :)

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover