Monday, July 9, 2012

This Monday brings some Smiles :)

Despite being a Monday this day is bringing on a lot of smiles. 

First, my two best friends are sharing their one year anniversary together today! 
I can't believe it's been a year, and I'm pretty sure if you asked them they would say the same. 
It's been a great year watching their marriage take off!
They've had a year full of love, and lots of fun experiences!
If that's not a great first year I'm not sure what is!
Jason and Danielle - Congrats on one year! I wish you nothing but many more years of happiness, and I hope you have a great day today! 
 ps - did you know this lady has a blog? Go check it out!


Have you guys heard of this organization? 
If not, listen up because I think it's a pretty good one. 
Operation Smile helps to raise money to help children with facial deformities like cleft lip, and cleft palate.  Did you know that every 3 minutes a child is born with cleft lip/palate? I for one, had no idea. I also, never truly grasped what being born with something like a facial deformities could mean. Children born with cleft lip or palate are usually shunned, because they look different, and because the cleft prevents them from eating, speaking, socializing in general, and smiling. Could you imagine your life without the ability to smile? I couldn't! 

This is where Operation Smile comes in. 
Their mission: 
"Operation Smile mobilizes a world of generous hearts to heal children's smiles and transform lives across the globe."
 The charity was started in 1982, and has grown to be present in over 60 different countries! Since their start they have helped provided over 2 million evaluations and over 200,000 free corrective surgeries for children with facial deformities! That's a lot folks, and with your help it will only get stronger!

How can you help?
Well this is one of the greatest parts!  
Calling all Students!
One of the easiest and best ways for you to donate to Operation Smile is getting your books for school from CampusBookRentals.com.
  Can I just tell you that I really wish I would have had something like this when I was in school! 
Using this site would have been so much easier, and cheaper in the long run.
What makes them so special? 
Glad you asked!
You can save 40-90% off your books compared to your bookstores prices! 
Umm...please check out how cheap this would would be for a semester compared to the campus book store: here. Holy crap!
You get free shipping both ways
I know one of my issues with getting books from Amazon is that they ended up being just as expensive because of the extra shipping cost.
I know you've run into this problem too. Am I right?
You are allowed to highlight or underline as much as you want without being dinged with a fee.
They have flexible renting periods.
Finally, and in my opinion the biggest perk is that they donate money to Operation Smile for each and every book that is rented!

When you have a minute please check out CampusBookRental.com and Operation Smile to see how you can help make a difference.

Hope you all had a great weekend, and happy Monday!
Photobucket

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover