Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Weekend Recap

Whew. How did it get to be Tuesday already! Clearly my Monday was a bit hectic, as I didn't have the time to post, so I'll give ya a recap of my fabulous weekend :)

Friday night the friends and I went and saw a Girl Talk concert. Girl Talk is a DJ of sorts...he actually doesn't like to be called that, but I have no idea what else you would call him.

Anyways, he mixes common songs together into new mixes. Pretty much is concert is one huge dance party, and it's awesome. This will have been the 4th time I've seen him. The difference this time is that the concert was outside, and that fact alone made it the best one of this concerts that I've been too. 
Friday was beautiful around these parts so it was great to spend a fantastic night with friends!

There he is! aka the man in the middle with the laptop in front of him.
Confetti!
Like I said his concerts are just one huge dance party.
You are constantly moving with the changing songs, you get to jump around and be a little cray cray.
So.much.fun!
So, if you are anything like me, and I know some of you are, you must go see him! 
 
Saturday morning and afternoon were spent by the pool!
Duh!

That evening two of our good friends, Laura & Tyson, got married!
They had a beautiful (so I heard) ceremony in a park. It was a small, private wedding ceremony so only their family, and a few close friends were there. 
Something pretty unqiue about their wedding is that our friend Bill (aka Boomer) was the officiant. 
He became an ordained minister, and this was the first thing (I think) he's ever done with it!

The reception was at a restaurant/bar - Old Bag of Nails. It was a place we all often went during college so it was pretty neat to have all of us there again.
Their first dance song was probably one of the most fitting first dance songs I've ever heard for a couple. 
Sad part is that I have no idea what the song was, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. Beh!
 
 
 Laura's co-worker made this amazing red velvet cake, and Laura made those little flowers!

Laura was in my sorority, and of course we had to get a picture of all the TEM ladies :)

It's always so nice seeing two people come together as a family.
These two are really great with each other and for each other!
They are a really fun, and talented couple.

I can't wait to see their life unfold together. 

Sunday was spent running some errands, recovering, and little sand volleyball. 
I am happy to report that during the Sunday errand running this lady got her iPad case she's been on the hunt for.
It was a great Sunday Funday, and really weekend overall. 

How was your weekend? 

Happy Tuesday
and quotable Tuesday will be back next week.

Photobucket

6 comments:

Katie said...

My husband and I love girl talk. We have never been to gt concert but it sure looks fun!!

poptartyogini said...

Girl talk sounds like so much fun. A big outdoor dance party. Nice!! It is always great when a big group gets together for a wedding. It sounds like an amazing weekend!! Do you guys have a pool?! Jealous.

Meghan @ More from Meg said...

I love that iPad case- where is it from?? Love your pictures - looks like a blast!

Anonymous said...

If you have an iPhone, download Shazam and/ or SoundHound. Both of them, you can hold up to a song and they will tell you the artist/ song name. It doesn't work well if there is a lot of background noise, though.

osmr said...

What? You got a Bendel iPad case?? And you never thought of this for your mother?! Humph! You are going to get coal in your stocking for your birthday AND Christmas if that keeps up. ( just kidding....nice case, tho....brat). ;)

ms.composure said...

looks like such a fun weekend!!!


http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover