Thursday, March 7, 2013

Columbus Love: Harvest Pizza

Good morning folks! 

In a few earlier posts I expressed my intentions to start showing off this city I live in!
Well I meant it.
I love Columbus! 
It's a hopping city with so much to offer...yes, even in Ohio! 
I'm talking food, cultural events, sports, and amazing areas to explore.
I think at first I am going to start with restaurants, bakeries, etc. until the weather gets a bit warmer and I can actually enjoy being outside and the areas are pretty.

I don't want to say that any of these things that I write about Columbus are reviews so much as letting you guys know what we have to offer!
If you ever come to Columbus I want you to experience it and have a blast like I have in the last 8 years.
I can't believe it's been 8 years since I've moved here - let that be a testament that time really does fly when you are having fun. 

Anyways...

First up on the list is Harvest Pizzeria.

I am not sure how clear my love for pizza is, but it's abundant, and I'm telling you guys this place is easily one of my favorites.
Address: 495 S. 4th Street, Columbus, Ohio 43206
Phone: 614.824.1769
Hours: Mon: 5:00pm to 10:00pm (closed for lunch)
Tues - Thurs: 11:30am to 10:00pm
Fri - Sat: 11:30am to 11:00pm
 Sun: closed
Email: info@harvestpizzeria.com
 facebook - twitter - yelp
#asseenincolumbus
_____________________________________________________

 Honestly, it's not my favorite because it has a crazy menu or anything, it's the way it's cooked in that brick walled oven, and the atmosphere.
The ingredients they offer are really fresh, I believe like most restaurants in the German Village area they try to buy local.
The slight char the brick oven leaves is just enough of that smokey taste it just completes it.
Makes my mouth water thinking about it...

The restaurant is located in the German Village area of Columbus.
  The place itself it quite itty bitty so if you show up with a larger party it might take a bit to get seated.
However, this is the case with pretty much any and all restaurants in the German Village area.

They have the normal beverage options but I believe all their pops come in the glass bottle, which in my opinion are the best!
The beer menu is not very large but they have some fun and different beers to try and it comes in mason jars.
I mean really anymore who doesn't love a good mason jar? 

I suppose that even just these two little details are also what makes it one of my favorite pizza places.
Those little things just give them character, character I can appreciate and enjoy!

The menu is pretty small, the amount of topping options are few but I will say that those items vary pretty widely from your basic pepperoni all the way to calms.
I suppose if you are going to a pizza place though you aren't looking for a huge varying menu.
It's pretty much made of 4 headings - apps, salads, pizza, and dessert!

However, having a smaller menu does not mean it lacks!
It does not!
I would say the menu takes some simple classics and gives them a nice little spin.
Plus are there things you just might not think of to put together!

We ordered an appetizer, because this day we were starving! 
  Beef "Carpaccio" w/ Bresaola
Cured beef filet, Parmigiano Reggiano, arugula & sprout salad, pine nuts
______________________________

We are all about the "sharing is caring" philosophy in our group of friends so we each ordered a small pizza and split them between the four of us! 

Ohio Double Bacon
 w/Fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, aleppo pepper, oregano

This was the perfect about of sweet and salty!
Not like m&ms and pretzels sweet & salty but more like the creamy mozzarella & salty bacon type of sweet & salty!
 ______________________________

 
Spicy Yuma
Canal Junction Gouda, chorizo, jalapeno, corn, roasted red pepper, chipotle-spiked tomato sauce

If you like spice you'll love this pizza!
It's not over the top but it's not a nice little kick to it that will definitely clear out those sinuses.
______________________________

 
Pepperoni
w/ mozzarella, provolone, onion, pepperoncini

This is one of the classics with a twist that I mentioned.
If you like simple with a little pop of fancy this is for you!
______________________________
 
 
 Fennel Sausage
w/ Canal Juction Gouda, smoked provolone, onion, fennel pollen 

I never thought I'd like this pizza but I love it!
I think it's the Gouda that makes it but then the fennel...
it just adds a little something to it that you can't find anywhere else!
______________________________

By the end of this meal we couldn't even think about getting a dessert, sadly

I would say that the food is well worth the price, and that price is in the average range.
Not the cheapiest, but certainly not the most expensive.
I might be biased as I've already said that this is one of my favorites, but I really don't think you would be disappointed if you did decide to give Harvest a visit.
and make sure to wear your fat pants, eating pants...whatever you call them....you are going to need the room.
Just sayin'

 

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

Nicole said...

I love Harvest too! One of my favs!

Amber said...

Mmmm, these look yummy!

Katie said...

Yum!! I love the German village area. We have never ate here but we love pizza so much so it's on our list to try!

Unknown said...

They all look delish!! We are pizza lovers, but I haven't heard of this place, we will def. have to check it out! We're just east of Columbus!

Fotini

Unknown said...

This looks delicious! We must go sometime :)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover