Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 12 - What you believe

Man this day's blog could go on forever if I could. For the sake of time I've narrowed it down to 4.

1) Karma - this mainly goes back to the golden rule. I believe if you treat people badly eventually that is going to come back and bite you in the butt (at least I pray it does so you learn your lesson). Of course I believe in the vice versa. I've seen many awesome people throughout my life have great things happen to them that they absolutely deserve!


2) Luck - it's real people and I know this for 2 reasons. First - I know I'm a very lucky person to have the life I have. Wonderful family & friends, a home, etc. Second - I'll get a little help from Jean Cocteau "I believe in luck: how else can you explain the success of those you dislike?" I don't think that anyone has gotten to where they are without the help of some luck (sadly, even if it's bad luck), and if people try to tell me any different I just plain old don't believe them. Please don't get me wrong people do get to where they are because of hard work, it's deserved, but think about it - how'd you get your job (lucky you knew someone to help you out and refer you), how about how you met your significant other (right time, right place - that's luck), how about your family and the life you've lived (lucky you ended up in a family that loves & cares about you, has your back no matter what). Case & point :)  


3) Love - I think this is pretty self explaintory. A life without love is no life at all. I've been lucky (ah ha see above!) to have a family who has always let me know I was loved. I have a man that loves me more than anything in the world, and friends that love me and who I am! Without this love in my life I'm not sure I would have gotten to where I am. It's that faith in love that helps me take those risks in life because no matter what I will have someone's love. I hope that I have never have to question this belief because it's one that's gotten me through many hardships in life.


Finally 4) Forgiveness - you have to be able to forgive anyone in your life that has wronged you. Life is to short to hold onto those feelings of anger (or any other negative emotion) against someone. However, to me forgiveness doesn't mean you have to forget how someone treated you. Nor do I mean you have to give them a second chance. You are allowed to remember those times for future times, if you just forgive and forget (well you can sometimes) there is a chance you are going to end up right back where you were with said person. I see a forgiveness as an internal battle not an external tearing apart of a relationship. When you forgive you let go of all those repressed feelings and should put you, yourself at ease. You don't forgive someone for there sake but your own. Unlike karma, luck, and love I don't think that forgiveness is something that everyone can do - it takes a strong person to be able to forgive. I know I haven't always been the best at this, and things take time - but your heart just feels better after you are willing to forgive.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm gonna have to disagree with the luck part, but love the others :)

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover