Thursday, February 23, 2012

Lent

As you all probably know by now, Kev and I are both Catholic.
Borned & raised.
So Lent has always been part of our lives. It's one of the few traditions of the Catholic Church that I try to abide by.
This year I'm going to try two things for Lent.
I kid. I kid.
The first thing is something to give up.
Excuses.
Source: google.com via Kathy on Pinterest

I was thinking about this yesterday and realized that I can make a lot of excuses not to do something. 
The thing that I'm the worst about making excuses for is exercising. I can make every excuse in the book to NOT exercise. Fighting the urge to not want to go to the gym or work out in general is tough! I know that I have to stop making my dumb excuses and just do it. I will never regret that.   


Source: google.com via G. on Pinterest





I think another thing I'm pretty bad about making excuses for is the house.
Things like getting the new bedspreads for the guest rooms and re-doing the upstairs bathroom.
There is nothing really stopping me other than my excuses of not having money, the time, or the right measurements. Something even as simple as getting a room just more organized can be difficult for me to get motivated for.


I think I'm going to try this challenge! Day 1, here we go :)

All my excuses have started to interfere with my "getting shit done" way of thinking lately!
 I need to stop!

The second thing is to Start Doing. What I'm going to start doing this Lent is:
Cooking/Vegetarian Cooking

You've all heard me say that I need to be better about cooking. I need to start doing it more often so I can get better at it overall. What better time then Lent to work on my cooking skills. Since we can't have meat on Friday's I figured it'd be a good time to focus on vegetarian meals! Kevin is definitely a meat eater so it's rare (no pun intended) that we go a meal without some kind of meat on there. However, I think I could be a vegetarian if it weren't for steak & bacon! I love vegetarian meals and Kev actually says that my Veggie Lasagna is his favorite...BOO YA!

Here are some recipes that I've found I want to try!





I'm pretty excited to take on some of these recipes & hope to discover something yummy!  

What are you guys giving up or taking on this year for Lent? 

Happy Thursday!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Good luck the next 40 days! I am also born/raised Catholic and have thought about giving up a few things... but I can't decide. Maybe I should give up procrastinating! :)

Sam
*enter my giveaway!*
http://www.petitefemmejolie.blogspot.com/

Stephanie said...

Hiya! So nice to have found your blog! Very cute name :)

Have a stop by mine - enjoy:)

much love.
Steph

www.fallwith.us

Ashley said...

I have heard of a few people doing the 40 bags in 40 days and I am intrigued by it. Even though I am not Catholic I would love to challenge myself to purge things out of this house! Good luck!

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover