Thursday, December 8, 2011

Holiday Challenge: Day 9



Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge
Day 9 of the challenge and it's almost over! That means that Christmas is almost here! I'm not sure if I'm ready for that or not yet, but I guess we will find out won't we?

Today's Topic is: 2012 Goals/Resolutions

After a year of so many changes 2012 looks to be a good year to start challenging myself in some areas of life that I  have neglected. Here are somethings that are on my goals list for the new year!

____________________________
Organization of the home place. 
Okay our house isn't a sty by any means, but I would like to become more organized. I'm talking filing cabinets to put bills in, storage containers for the linen closet, no more junk drawer...yep I said...no more junk drawer. With the help of my addiction friend Pinterest & some good blog sites I should be able to take this on pretty easily & cost efficiently!





Two blogs I have found to help with organizing. The first the rooms to tackle and the second ways to organize cheaply!
____________________________
Learn more about financials/investing. 
I suppose that it's that point in time in our lives where Kev and I need to get serious about our financial futures...like retirement future. It's never to soon to start planning and putting away for that time. When it comes to money saving I think I'm pretty descent at it. It helped a lot when there weren't 3 different malls within 20 mins of me but I'm working on it (see another goal..spend less on things I don't need). But it's a fact that I know very little about things like stocks, bonds, and dividends (huh?) and I need to. Sooner than later.

____________________________
Calm down. 
We all know that I get fired up quite easily about the stupidest things. It's true and it's something I embrace but it's also something that will probably give me a heartattack someday. More than half the time I have no reason to be so fired up but I guess you could call me a passionate person...yeah we'll go with that. 

____________________________
Cook more & try new recipes!
I don't really think I need to explain this one.






I have already started this goal by picking two recipes a week from Pinterest and making them.  These 2 are up for next week!  I'll let ya know if they are any good!
____________________________
Work Place: Challenge myself to take on something new. 
I love my job. Not many people can say that, but I do. I have no intention of moving out of the position soon, but am willing to take on new opportunities. However, no opportunities will arise without taking on new things and putting yourself out there. I'm in a pretty unique position with my job and I need to take full advantage of that while I can! Look out L.B. here comes Megan!


What are your 2012 goals & resolutions? Do you tend to keep them or drop them?

No comments:

You might also like:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Pin It button on image hover